Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Left Hand Art

As some of you know, I recently fell and hurt my right hand. For those of you who didn't know, I recently fell and hurt my right hand.
The day before my aforementioned fall, I attended my first ATC gathering (Artists Trading Cards), where I met many wonderful artists and...well...traded cards with them....

It works like this: 20 or so artists meet the 2nd wed. of each month at Mesa Coffee (on the Mesa) and bring 20 original art cards (2.5"x3.5") that they made, and trade them with the others. The gathering is just what I have been needing, a chance to share my art and acquire some wonderful pieces to collect As you would any trading cards, you fill a binder, filled with plastic sleeves, with some great one of a kind artworks!


So back to ME...after coming home from the ER, right hand in cast, it occurred to me that I might have cut my ATC trading short...not being able to draw with my LEFT hand...soooo I sat down and began the very arduous task of learning to draw with my left hand...
This was the result of my first attempts....I was rather proud of myself....
Within 24 hours, and alot of left-hand cramping I produced this: OBTW, any of you that know Erica, might know about her pup Clementine, who also has a cast on her "hand", so I dedicated my first drawings to her, affectionately know as "Miss Tiny".







So...this final attempt produced my contribution to the March ATC meeting...Aptly named "Everything Left".

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful blog! I love looking at your fantastic work too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clow~dia!!
    You rock! Dakota has been brushing his teeth with his left hand for the past two weeks! He feels he is much more creative and open now! True story, I have to say! But leftie or right you are always "right" when it comes to beautiful art! Always the perfect sense and an eye that can't be "blinded". You are through and through an "Artist". Proud of you my dear friend! Love ya~ Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, mom! Someday they'll make a documentary about your hardship and the art that blossomed from it. :^D

    Seriously, though, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete